Registers of the Education System in European Countries: Useful Practices for Ukraine
Education sectors at country level rely on the circulation of large scopes of information pertaining to education institutions, research institutions, pupils and students, teaching staff, researchers, education diploma or certificates etc. Therefore, the register systems allowing to systematize this information, file it in a convenient form, edit and communicate to physical persons whom these data belong, and to support administrative decision making constitute a necessary tool for the satisfaction of information needs of the modern society. The registers (databases) of the education sector are integral components of the online information resource system in developed countries, which usually consists of the two subsystems: registers containing information about the population, and business registers.
The greatest progress in creating online information resource system, according to experts from international organizations, has been achieved in North European countries. These countries have also become pioneers in carrying out population censuses on the basis of registers, including ones in the education sector.
The article’s objective is to sum up the practices of North European countries in creating and operating electronic information resource systems in the education sector for its adaptation in the Ukrainian realities.
The education registers (databases) of Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway, and Estonia are discussed, with making comparison of register systems in six North European countries. It is stressed that Denmark has created the most elaborate register system operated by the line ministry and the statistical office, in the Netherlands and Norway only two education registers exist, containing the necessary information on all the education levels of the population, Estonia has the single information system for the education, and in Sweden and Finland separate registers for each education level have been created. All the above mentioned register systems in education have sufficient information content, and they are continuously improved. And most importantly, these education registers (databases) in all the studied countries are linked by personal identifiers of individuals with other registers containing information about the population.
The process of creating the Unified State Electronic Database on Education in Ukraine is analyzed, with elaborating on the registers included in this system and their content. Conclusions and recommendations on improvements and further developments in education registers of Ukraine and their links with other population-specific registers are made by summing up the practices of creating electronic information resource systems in North European countries.
2. Jensen, V. M., Rasmussen, A. W. (2011). Danish education registers. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health, 39 (Suppl. 7), 91–94. Retrieved from https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1403494810394715
3. Highest Education Attained. (2020). Statistics Denmark. Retrieved from https://www.dst.dk/en/Statistik/dokumentation/documentationofstatistics/highest-education-attained
4. The Education Transition Register. (2019). Statistics Denmark. Retrieved from https://www.dst.dk/en/Statistik/dokumentation/documentationofstatistics/the-education-transition-register
5. The Exit Register. (2015). Statistics Denmark. Retrieved from https://www.dst.dk/en/Statistik/dokumentation/documentationofstatistics/the-exit-register
6. Bevaegelsesregisteret. eSundhed. Retrieved from https://www.esundhed.dk/Registre/Bevaegelsesregisteret [in Danish].
7. Education in the Netherlands. Site of the Dutch organisation for internalisation in education (Nuffic). Retrieved from https://www.nuffic.nl/en/subjects/education-in-the-netherlands/
8. Waar vind ik een overzicht van erkende opleidingen? Rijksoverheid. Retrieved from https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/hoger-onderwijs/vraag-en-antwoord/waar-vind-ik-een-overzicht-van-erkende-opleidingen [in Dutch].
9. Diploma registry. Vitnemalsportalen. Retrieved from https://www.vitnemalsportalen.no/english/
10. Causes and effects of measurement errors in educational attainment. (2020). Statistics Norway. Retrieved from https://www.ssb.no/en/utdanning/artikler-og-publikasjoner/causes-and-effects-of-measurement-errors-in-educational-attainment
11. Data from the Estonian Education Information System (EHIS). Portal eesti.ee – Gateway to eEstonia. Retrieved from https://www.eesti.ee/eng/services/citizen/haridus_ja_teadus/isikukaart_eesti_ee_portaali
12. Еducation and research. e-estonia. Retrieved from https://e-estonia.com/solutions/education/e-school/
13. Kushyna, O. (2020). E-stoniia: yak pratsiuiut shkoly v kraini tsyfrovoho dyva [E-stonia: How Schools Work in the Country of the Digital Miracle]. Osvitoriia. Retrieved from https://osvitoria.media/experience/e-stoniya-yak-pratsyuyut-shkoly-u-krayini-tsyfrovogo-dyva/ [in Ukrainian].
14. Register on Participation in Education. (2020). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved from https://www.scb.se/en/finding-statistics/statistics-by-subject-area/education-and-research/education-of-the-population/register-on-participation-in-education/
15. Swedish Register of education. Joint Programming Initiative. Retrieved from https://jpi-dataproject.eu/Home/Database/348
16. Register Description and Cookies. Site of Studyinfo. Retrieved from https://studyinfo.fi/wp2/en/register/
17. Education. Statistics Finland. Retrieved from http://www.stat.fi/til/kou_en.html
18. Pro stvorennia Yedynoi derzhavnoi elektronnoi bazy z pytan osvity: Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 13.07.2011 r. № 752, stanom na 18.12.2018 r. [On Creation of Unified State Electronic Database on Education. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of July 13, 2011 No. 752, as of December 18, 2018]. zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/752-2011-п/ed20181218#Text [in Ukrainian].
19. Polozhennia pro Yedynu derzhavnu elektronnu bazu z pytan osvity: zatverdzheno nakazom Ministerstva osvity i nauky Ukrainy vid 08.06.2018 r. № 62 [Regulations on the Unified State Electronic Database on Education. Approved by the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of June 08, 2018 No. 62]. zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1132-18#n14 [in Ukrainian].
20. Pro osvitu: Zakon Ukrainy vid 05.09.2017 r. № 2145-VIII, stanom na 24.06.2020 r. [On Education. Law of Ukraine of September 05, 2017, as of June 24, 2020]. zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2145-19/ed20200624#Text [in Ukrainian].
21. Reiestry ta servisy [Registers and services]. info.edbo.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://info.edbo.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
22. Prohramnyi kompleks YeDEBO. Kerivnytstvo korystuvacha. Rozdil 6. Fizychni osoby [EDEBO software package. User manual. Section 6. Individuals]. www.inforesurs.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://www.inforesurs.gov.ua/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/KK_R6_Phizychni-osoby.pdf [in Ukrainian].
23. Pro YeDEBO. Sait Yedynoi derzhavnoi elektronnoi bazy z pytan osvity [About YEDEBO. Website of the Unified State Electronic Database on Education]. info.edbo.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://info.edbo.gov.ua/about/ [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 27 PDF Downloads: 11