Organization and Methodological Support of Financial Monitoring in an Auditing Firm: New Requirements
The requirements to financial monitoring to be implemented by auditing entities, as defined by the Law of Ukraine “Preventing and Combating Legalization (Laundering) of Incomes Received by Criminal Ways, or Financing of Terrorism or Financing of Proliferation of Arms of Mass Destruction” from 06.12.2019 р. No 361-ІХ, enforced on 28.04.2020, are studied. The occurrence of ambiguous interpretations of some notions in the abovementioned Law or heavy financial sanctions that may be imposed on auditing entities entail the need in elaborated and implemented intra-firm documents on financial monitoring. While the previous revision of the Law contained the clearly defined peculiarities of organization of financial monitoring by auditing entities when providing certain services to clients (real estate transactions; asset management; raising of funds for establishing, operating and managing legal entities; sales and purchases of corporate assets), such peculiarities cannot be found in the new revision of the Law. It follows that now the auditing entities need to be guided by general norms of the Law in organizing financial monitoring. A series of administrative documents has been elaborated for this purpose: the order on appointment of a person responsible for financial monitoring; the conclusion of business reputation review for a candidate for the position of responsible person; the rules for financial monitoring of auditing entity; the monthly reference of the responsible person on the results of implemented actions on financial monitoring. The elaborated rules for financial monitoring cover all the legal requirements on implementation of financial monitoring, with the possibility of making amendments in them as appropriate. The rules must be informed to all the staff of an auditing entity, engaged in the provision of auditing and non-auditing services, through participation in internal training on financial monitoring issues. Apart from the rules, it is proposed that the working documentation supporting the procedures of financial monitoring should be supplemented by the following sections: 1. Documentary support for financial monitoring of auditing entities. 2. Staff and training of staff on financial monitoring issues. 3. Documentary support for interactions with the State Service of Financial Monitoring of Ukraine, ministries and administrative department, which allow auditing entities to meet fully the legal requirements and avoid heavy financial sanctions on the side of controlling and regulatory bodies.
2. Balanutsa, O. O. (2011). Mistse ta rol finansovoho monitorynhu v Ukraini yak osnovopolozhnoho chynnyka efektyvnoi borotby derzhavy z lehalizatsiieiu (vidmyvanniam) koshtiv ta finansuvanniam teroryzmu [The place and role of financial monitoring in Ukraine as a fundamental factor in the effective struggle of the state against money laundering and terrorist financing]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Natsionalnoho universytetu derzhavnoi podatkovoi sluzhby Ukrainy – Collection of scientific works of the National University of the State Tax Service of Ukraine, Issue 1, 35–42 [in Ukrainian].
3. Dmytrenko, E. S. (2017). Okremi problemy mekhanizmu pravovoho zabezpechennia finansovoi bezpeky derzhavy ta shlyakhy vyrishennia [ Some problems of the mechanism of legal support of financial security of the state and ways of the decision]. Pravove rehuliuvannia ekonomiky – Legal regulation of the economy, Issue 16, 54–63 [in Ukrainian].
4. Dmytrenko, E. S. (2014). Rol finansovoho monitorynhu u minimizatsii latentnosti zlochyniv, peredbachenykh stattiamy 209 ta 209-1 Kryminalnoho kodeksu Ukrainy [The role of financial monitoring in minimizing the latency of crimes under Articles 209 and 209-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine]. Naukovyi chasopys Natsionalnoi akademii prokuratury Ukrainy – Scientific Journal of the National Academy of Prosecutors of Ukraine, Issue 1, 43–50 [in Ukrainian].
5. Sukhonos, V. V. (2010). Vzaiemodiia prokuratury iz subiektamy finansovoho monitorynhu [Interaction of the Prosecutor’s Office with the subjects of financial monitoring]. Visnyk prokuratury – Bulletin of the Prosecutor’s Office, Issue 12, 30–35 [in Ukrainian].
6. Khmeliuk, A. A. (2014). Finansovyi monitorynh: subiekty ta obiekty v Ukraini [Financial monitoring: subjects and objects in Ukraine]. Naukovyi visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu derzhavnoi podatkovoi sluzhby Ukrainy (ekonomika, pravo) – Scientific Bulletin of the National University of the State Tax Service of Ukraine (economics, law), Issue 1 (64), 174–180 [in Ukrainian].
7. Pro zapobihannya ta protydiyu lehalizatsiyi (vidmyvannyu) dokhodiv, oderzhanykh zlochynnym shlyakhom, finansuvannyu teroryzmu ta finansuvannyu rozpovsyudzhennya zbroyi masovoho znyshchennya [On prevention and counteraction to legalization (laundering) of proceeds from crime, financing of terrorism and financing of proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Law of Ukraine of October 14, 2014 № 1702-VII]. zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http:// https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1702 - 18 [in Ukrainian].
8. Denysyuk, S. F. (2011). Zlochynna diialnist: poniattia, struktura ta kharakterystyka elementiv [Criminal activity: concept, structure and characteristics of elements]. Pravo i bezpeka – Law and Security, Issue 1 (38), 135–139 [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 3 PDF Downloads: 0