Estimation of the Dependence of the Ukrainian Economy on the Import of Products from the Processing Industry in the Segments of Intermediate Consumption and Gross Fixed Capital Formation
Given the fact that the structure of import of goods and services of Ukraine dominates the products of the manufacturing industry, it became necessary to study the dependence of the Ukrainian economy on the production of this type of industrial activity. To do this, an estimation of the dependence of the Ukrainian economy on the use of the import of manufacturing industries in the manufacturing industry was made, in terms of the two key uses of resources – intermediate consumption products and gross fixed capital formation. The information base for such an assessment was the data of the tables “output-input”.
As a result of undertaken a study certainly, that most the Ukrainian economy depends on the import of products of intermediate consumption of such productions of manufacturing industry: computers, electronic and optical products (» 90%); chemicals and chemical products (> 80%); machine building (> 80%); coke and refined products (> 60%); textile production, clothing, clothing, leather and other materials (> 60%). Along with the use of imports, the use of domestic production in the intermediate consumption segment has considerably increased in Ukraine. The intermediate consumption of domestic products of production: computers, electronic and optical products; grew at the highest rates; machinery and equipment, not attributed to other groups; textile production, clothing, leather and other materials production.
The level of import dependence of the Ukrainian economy in segments of the gross fixed capital formation in manufacturing industries is » 85%. The highest level of import dependence of the Ukrainian economy in the segment of gross fixed capital formation (more than 90%) is characteristic for production products: computers, electronic and optical products; machinery and equipment not included in other groups; motor vehicles, trailers and semitrailers.
Thus, the promising directions of import substitution in Ukraine relate primarily to the abovementioned industries. The hypothesis that for the implementation of import substitution in the Ukrainian economy, it is necessary for each of the identified directions, to carry out detailed calculations of the capacity of the target market segments (both internal and external), the volume of investments necessary for the organization of the corresponding production, their profitability and the payback period, as well as the number of newly created jobs.
2. . Heyets, V. M., & Ostashko, T. O. (Eds.) (2016). Implementatsiia Uhody pro asotsiatsiiu mizh Ukrainoiu ta YeS: ekonomichni vyklyky ta novi mozhlyvosti [The implementation of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU: Economic Challenges and Opportunities]. Scientific Report. Kyiv: Institute for Economics and Forecasting of the NAS of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
3. Yehorov, I. Yu., Odotyuk, I. V., & Salikhova, O. B. (Eds.). (2016). Implementatsiia vysokykh tekhnolohii v ekonomiku Ukrainy [Implementation of high technologies in the economy of Ukraine]. Scientific Report. Kyiv: Institute for Economics and Forecasting of the NAS of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
4. Melnyk, T. M., & Puhachevska, K. S. (2016). Importozalezhnist ekonomiky Ukrainy i priorytety selektyvnoho importozamishchennia [Import dependence of Ukrainian economy and priorities of selective import substitution]. Ekonomika Ukrainy – Economy of Ukraine, 4, 29–44. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/EkUk_2016_4_5 [in Ukrainian].
5. Melnyk, T. M., & Puhachevska, K. S. (2015). Perspektyvy importozamishchennia v Ukraini [Prospects for import substitution in Ukraine]. Visnyk Kyivskoho natsionalnoho torhovelno-ekonomichnoho universytetu – Herald of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics, 2, 16–32. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Vknteu_2015_2_3 [in Ukrainian].
6. Metodolohichni polozhennya z orhanizatsii derzhavnoho statystychnoho sposterezhennia “Tablytsia “vytraty-vypusk” [Methodological provisions on the organization of state statistical observation “Table “input-output”]. (2018). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. www.ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/metod_polog/metod_doc/2018/236/mp_tvv.pdf [in Ukrainian].
7. Nayavnist i stan osnovnykh zasobiv za vydamy ekonomichnoi diialnosti (KVED-2010) za 2013 rik [Availability and condition of fixed assets by types of economic activity (Classification of types of economic activity – 2010) for 2013]. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. www.ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2013/ibd/nsoz/nsoz13_u.htm [in Ukrainian].
8. Nayavnist i stan osnovnykh zasobiv za vydamy ekonomichnoi diialnosti (KVED-2010) za 2016 rik [Availability and condition of fixed assets by types of economic activity (Classification of types of economic activity – 2010) for 2016]. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. www.ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2013/ibd/nsoz/nsoz16_u.htm [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 36 PDF Downloads: 56