Integral Assessment of the Secondary Education Performance in Ukraine
The purpose of the article is integral assessment of the secondary education performance in Ukraine. The integral measure for the secondary education performance in Ukraine is derived by the method of multidimensional average. The set of factors underlying the secondary education performance is substantiated. The indicators are broken in the two groups: performance stimulators (gross regional product per capita; number of secondary education institutions; number of pupils in secondary education institutions per 10,000 population; coverage of children by secondary education institutions; number of teachers in secondary education institutions), and performance de-stimulators (number of children not covered by the secondary education institutions; number of repeaters, which are pupils remaining in the same form for second year). The integral measure of the secondary education performance varies from 0 to 1.
The analysis shows that the integral measure grew from 0.441 in 2011 to 0.556 in 2014. The highly performing regions (Lviv region, the city of Kyiv, Kyiv region and others) and the poorly performing regions (Lugansk and Donetsk regions) are identified. The grouping of Ukrainian regions by the integral measure derived for 2011 and 2014 is made. Tendencies in the secondary education performance are found. The ranking of Ukrainian regions by the integral measure of the secondary education performance is made. The graph of change in the regions’ ranks in time (drift-gram) is constructed. It is found that the decreasing ranks are featured by Donetsk, Chernihiv, Odesa, Rivne regions, whereas the increasing ranks are featured by Sumy region. The other Ukrainian regions featured the stable performance of secondary education during 2011-2014. The vectors of change in stimulators and de-stimulators of the secondary education performance in the Ukrainian regions are found and ways for up-grading their ranks are proposed.
2. Shestakovska, T. L. (2013). Metodyka otsinky efektyvnostifiinktsiomivanniazakladivzahalnoi serednoi osviti [The evaluating methods of the institutions effectiveness of the secondary education ]. Efektyvna ekonomika - Efficient economy, economy.nayka.com.ua. Retrieved from http://wwweconomy.nayka.com. ua/?op=l&z=2050 [in Ukrainian ].
3. Herasimenko, S. S., & Herasimenko, V. S. (2014). Statystyka yakosti vyshchoi osvity v Ukraini: do postanovky problemy [Statistics of higher education quality in Ukraine: the formulation of the problem ]. Statystyka Ukrainy - Statistics of Ukraine, 3 (66), 26-30 [in Ukrainian ].
4. Kalachova, I. V, (2006). Vykorystannya administratyvnyh danyh v sotsialnii statystytsi [Using administrative data in social statistics ]. insee.fr Retrieved from http://www.insee.fr/en/insee-statistique- publique/colloques/ussa/pdf/ kalachova_doc_ru.pdf [in Ukrainian ].
5. Osaulenko, O. G. (2008). Natsionalna statystychna systerna: stratehichne planuvannia, metodolohiia ta organizatsiia [The national statistical system: strategic planning, methodology and organizationJ. Kyiv: DP “Informatsiino-analitychne ahentstvo” [in Ukrainian ].
6. Hokhberh, L. M., & Kovaleva, N. V. (2004). Aktualnye napravleniia sovershenstvovaniia statistiki obrazovaniia [Actual directions of educational statistics improvement ]. Voprosy obrazovaniia - Education issues, 1,274-278 [in Russian ].
7. Herasimenko, S., Herasimenko, V, & Chupryna, O. (2015). Statystychne zabezpechennia upravlinnia yakistiu vyshchoi osvity v Ukraini [ Statistical support of quality management of higher education in Ukraine]. i Visnyk Kyivskoho Natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenko - Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University, 4 (169), 6-9 [in Ukrainian ].
8. Sariohlo, V. H., & Tereshchenko, H. I. (2008). Pidkhody do statystychnoho otsiniuvannia yakosti zagalnoi serednoi osvity v Ukraini [Approaches to statistical estimation of quality of secondary education in Ukraine ]. Statystyka Ukrainy - Statistics of Ukraine, 3, 40-45 [in Ukrainian ].
9. Zahalnoosvitninavchalnizaklady Ukrainy napochatok2014/15 navchalnohoroku: stat. biul. [Secondary education Ukraine at the beginning of the 2014/2015 academic year: Stat. Bulletin ]. (2015). Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. ukrstat.org. http://ukrstat.org/en/druk/publicat/arhiv_u/15/arch_shool_bl.htm [in Ukrainian ].
10. Sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy [Site of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine ]. ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian ].
11. Shamileva, L. L. (2008). Statisticheskoe modelirovanie iprohnozirovanie: kurslektsii, [Statistical modeling and forecasting: a course of lectures]. Donetsk: Kashtan [in Russian ].
12. Eliseeva, I. I. (Eds.). (1997). Sotsialnaia statistika [Social statistics]. Moskva: Finansy i statistika [in Russian ].
Abstract views: 14 PDF Downloads: 0 PDF Downloads: 46