Statistical Analysis of Differentiation in Bank Lending in Ukraine
The article contains a statistical analysis of the differentiation in bank lending in Ukraine. As-sessment of Regional Development and its intensity using a system of statistical indicators leads to the conclusion that the regional development bank lending could definitely be described as uneven: the constitutive feature of asymmetric development is the dynamics of spread in favor of regional indicators. The gap has been increasing too rapidly between lending to regional economic activities like trade and construction and to the others. The economic crisis has provoked large-scale credit redistribution effects between regions, resulting in the increased differentiation of bank lending. This is especially true for long-term bank lending (over 5 years), where the share of the three regions accounted for over 80% of the total lending. Asymmetric development leads to the increasing centrifugal trends, the increasing gap between regional indicators of bank lending, and the deepening regional differences. It is found that the cause for strengthening of regional asymmetry in bank lending is redistribution of financial resources through the bank system in favor of certain regions. Calculation of localization ratios for individual regions with high levels of bank lending leads to the conclusion that the credit growth in these regions is not accompanied by the increasing production effectiveness.
This means that the bank lending policy has created an obstacle to economic recovery in Ukraine. It is obvious that without taking measures to narrow regional differentiation in bank lending, individual territories are unlikely to be able to achieve significant economic growth in the near future. To narrow the regional differentiation, the National Bank of Ukraine needs to introduce restrictions on lending to selected types of economic activities that are engaged in financial intermediation in the city of Kyiv.
2. Myskiv, G. V. (2015). Funktsionuvannia ta rozvitok kredytnogo rynku Ukrainy: teoria, metodolohia, praktika [The functioning and development of the credit market in Ukraine: theory, methodology, practice]. Lviv: Rastr-7 [in Ukrainian ].
3. Karcheva, G. T. (2012). Efektivnist funktsionuvannia taperspektyvy rozvitku bankivskoi systemy Ukrainy [The eff iciency of the operation and prospects of the banking system development of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Instytut ekonomiky ta prohnozuvannia [in Ukrainian ].
4. Baranovskyi, O. I. (Eds.). (2010). Pidvyschennia efektyvnosti vzaiemodii bankivskoho i realnoho sektoriv ekonomiky v umovach globalizatsii ta ievrointehratsii [Improved interaction between banking and real sectors of the economy in the context of globalization and European integration ]. Kyiv, UBS NBU [in Ukrainian ].
5. Tyschenko, O. P. (2011). Regionalni dysproportsii: sutnist, metodolohiia vyznachennia ta otsinka [Regional disparities: the nature, methodology and evaluation]. Ekonomichna teoriia - Economic theory, 3, 5564 [in Ukrainian ].
6. From Plan to market. World Development Report (1996). Washington, D. C.: The World Bank.
7. Herasymchuk, Z. V. (2008). Rehionalnapolitykastaloho rozvytku: teoriia, metodolohiia,praktyka [Regional policy of sustainable development: theory, methodology, practice]. Lutsk: Nadstyria [in Ukrainian ].
8. Granberh, A. (2002). Korrektirovki VRP s uchetom territorialnykh razlichii pokupatelnoi sposobnosti deneh [Adjustments of GDP taking into account regional differences in the purchasing power of money ]. Rosijskii ekonomicheskii zhurnal - Russian Economic Journal, 11-12, 48-70 [in Russian ].
9. Perm E, (2004). Ekonomika XX veka [The economy of the XX century ]. Mirovaia ekonomicheskaia my si. Skvoz prizmu vekov. Vek hlobalnykh transformatsii [World economic thought. Through the prism of centuries. Age of Global Transformations]. EL H. Fetisov, A. H. Khudokormov (Ed.); (Vols. 1-5; Vol. 4). Moskwa: Mysl [in Russian ].
10. Raevneva E. V., Heiman, O. A., & Bobkova, A. Yu. (2009). Statisticheskii analiz neravnomernosti razvitiia rehionov [Statistical analysis of the uneven development of regions ]. Biznes Inform - Business Inform, 4 (2), 125-129 [in Russian ].
11. Storonianska, I., & Shults, S. (2007). Mizhrehionalna intehratsiia v Ukraini [Inter-regional integration in Ukraine]. Lviv: Aral [in Ukrainian ].
12. Chuzhykov, V. (2005). Konverhentsiia i dyverhentsiia rehioniv Ukrainy (indykatyvna model) [Convergence and divergence of regions of Ukraine (Indicative model)]. Ekonomika Ukrainy - Economy of Ukraine, 9, 48-53 [in Ukrainian ].
13. Lavrovskii, B. (1999). Izmerenie rehionalnoi asimmetrii na primere Rossii [Measurement of regional asymmetry in the case of Russia ]. Voprosy ekonomiky - Questions of Economics [in Russian ].
14. Marmoza, A. T. (2013) Teoriia statystyky [Theory of statistics]. (2nd ed.). Kyiv: Tsentr uchbovoi literatury [in Ukrainian ].
15. Kredyty, nadani depozytnymy korporatsiiamy, za sektoramy ekonomiky [Loans to deposit-taking corporations, by sector ]. ukrstat.gov.ua, Retrived from hptt://www. ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian ].
16. McLean, M., & Voytek, K. (1992). Understanding Your Economy: Using Analysis to Guide Local Strategic Planning. Chicago: Planners Press [in English ].
Depozyty, zalucheni depozytnymy korporatsiiamy, za sektoramy ekonomiky [Deposits held with deposit-taking corporations, by sector ]. bank.gov.ua. Retrived from hptt:// www.bank.gov.ua [in Ukrainian ].
Abstract views: 20 PDF Downloads: 46