Statistical Measurement of Exports and Imports of Goods in Lviv Region
Integration in the global economic relations has great importance for the Ukrainian economy. The extending participation of Ukraine in globalization and integration processes has positive effects for the performance of domestic enterprises, competitiveness of domestic industrial production, output , exports and foreign economic activities as a whole.
Exports and imports are central to foreign economic relations, enabling to use advantages from labor division and promoting competitiveness enhancement .
The Western area of Ukraine and Lviv region in particular is an important industrial segment of Ukraine because of its geographical location at the borders with EU member countries. As Lviv region has a larger share in the European industrial market relative to other Ukrainian regions, this raises the importance of studies into the dynamics of exports and imports of Lviv region with EU countries.
The purpose of the article is to study the current structure and prospects of export-import transactions in Lviv region by industrial commodity group, with account to the requirements of free trade zone between Ukraine and EU.
The measurement shows the declining trend of industrial exports and imports in Lviv region in 2011-2015. The export trend was volatile, indicating change in the market conjuncture. The exports were dominated by products of wood industry, foods and beverages, and mechanical engineering. Industrial imports declined in a major part of commodity groups, as a result of national currency devaluation. Sectoral distribution of imports was dominated by mechanical engineering, textiles, mineral products and polymer materials.
АВС-analysis shows that manufacturing industries have a major share in the region’s exports. These are apparel and foods, textiles, products made of wood. A set of measures is proposed to promot e industrial development and increase the export capacities in Lviv region given the free trade zone.
2. Volkov, I. A., & Kalinina, O. Yu. (2010). Oblik ta analiz eksportno-importnykh operatsii na prykladi pidpryiemstva Zakhidnoho rehionu [Accounting and analysis of export-import operations in the Example of the Western Region]. Lutsk: VIEM [in Ukrainian].
3. Zovnishnia torhivlia Ukrayiny tovaramy z krayinamy YeS u 2013 - 2015 rr. [Ukraine's foreign trade in goods with the EU Member States in 2013 - 2015]. State Statistics Service of Ukraine, www.ukrstatgov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian ].
4. Mazaraki, A.A., Yukhimenko, V.V., & Hrebelnyk, O.P. et al. (2008). Zovnishniotorhovelni aspekty konkurentnoi polityky Ukrainy v umovakh SOT [Foreign trade aspects of Ukraine competition policy in the WTOJ. A. A. Mazaraki (Ed.). Kyiv: University Press of Ukraine KNTU [in Ukrainian ].
5. Kindzerskyi, Yu.V. (2013). Promyslovist Ukrainy: stratehiia i polityka strukturno-tekhnolohichnoi modemizatsii [Industry of Ukraine: strategy and policy of structural and technological modernization]. V.M. Heyets (Ed.). Kyiv: NAS of Ukraine [in Ukrainian ].
6. Klasyfikatsia krayin svitu [Classification of countries of the world]. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. www.ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian ].
7. Kostrytsya, M. (2010). Heoekonomichni priorytety Ukrainy v konteksti intehratsiinykh protsesiv [Geo-economic priorities of Ukraine in the context of integration processes]. Bulletin ZSTU, 4, 239 - 242 [in Ukrainian ].
8. Matalka, S. M. (2011). Upravlinnia efektyvnistiu zovnishmoekonomichnoi diyalnosti pidpryyemstv [Performance Management International Business]. Lugansk: Noulidzh [in Ukrainian]
9. Sozansky, L.Y., Kudrya, Ja.V., & Mikhel R.V. (2016). Otsinka eksportno-importnykh operatsiy u promyslovosti Lvivskoi obi. (za tovarnymy hrupamy) [Evaluation of import and export operations in Lviv region industry (by commodity groups)]. S.O. Ischuk (Ed.). NAN Ukraine, In-t of regional research named after M.I. Dolishnii. ird.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://ird.gov.ua/irdp/e20160601.pdf [in Ukrainian ].
10. Deyneko, L. V., Jakubowski, M.M., & Sheludko, E.D. et al. (2014). Promyslova polityka postkryzovoyi ekonomiky [Industrialpolicy of the post-crisis economy]. L.V. Deyneko, M.M. Jakubowski (Ed.). Kyiv: NAS of Ukraine [in Ukrainian ].
11. Tochilin, V.A. (Eds). (2012). Rynky realnoho sektora ekonomiky Ukrainy v instytutsionalnomu seredovyshchi SOT koniunktura ta intehratsia [Markets real economy in Ukraine 's institutional WTO conditions and integration]. Kyiv: NAS of Ukraine [in Ukrainian ].
12. Ruhr, N. S. (2005). Oblik ta analiz eksportno-importnykh operatsiy (na materialakh pidpryyemstv AR Krym) [Accounting and analysis of export-import operations (based on enterprise Crimea)]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyiv [in Ukrainian ].
13. Sydenko, V.R. (2011). Yevropeyskaya intehratsyia i ekonomycheskoe razvitie [European Economic Integration and Development ]. Kyev: NAS of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
14. Department of Statistics in Lviv region. Tovarna struktura zovnishnioyi torhivli za sichen-hruden 2011 - 2015 rr. (krayiny YeS) [Commodity structure of foreign trade during January-December, 2011 - 2015 (with the EU)]. Main statistical office in Lviv region, www.lv.ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.lv.ukrstat. gov.ua/index.php [in Ukrainian ].
15. Department of Statistics in Lviv region. Tovarna struktura zovnishnioyi torhivli Lvivskoi oblasti u 2011 - 2015 rr. [Commodity structure of foreign trade in Lviv region in 2011 - 2015]. Main statistical office in Lviv region, www.lv.ukrstatgov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.lv.ukrstat.gov.ua/ukr/si/oper/2015/tl01215_2.pdf [in Ukrainian ].
Abstract views: 52 PDF Downloads: 107