Financial Potential of an Enterprise and its Significance in the Economically Unstable Environment
Practical aspects of the study of financial potential, its relationship with economic potential of an enterprise, the impact of financial potential of the economic performance and strategic goals of an enterprise are highlighted. It is demonstrated that financial potential takes on the role of lever building the mechanism for transforming resource and production potentials into the financial results of an enterprise. In the current economic conditions characterized by the development of market economy, int ensification of globalization and competition, domestic enterprises need to operate more effectively and to focus their activities not only on meeting the current needs in form of profit, but also on planning future performance and building the financial potential. In this context, study of the essential features of financial potential of an enterprise and its relationship with production, innovation, investment, marketing and organizational management potentials has been of special importance.
The study shows that financial potential enables for transforming resource, production, innovation, investment, marketing, organizational and managerial potentials into financial performance results, and is used to achieve strategic and tactical goals of an enterprise. The essential features of financial potential are outlined:
- financial potential is a broader concept than financial resources of an enterprise;
- financial potential is a factor for financial capacity of an enterprise and their implementation in certain circumstances;
- financial potential is a factor for financial stability and competitiveness of an enterprise;
- financial potential is a factor for positive financial result;
- the scopes of financial potential determine the development trend of an enterprise.
Diagnostics of financial potential involves regular financial analysis to determine financial security. Key data on the financial performance of an enterprise need to be used in evaluating the achieved goals and problem solutions in the current period and in the future, in taking balanced management decisions with due account for the provision of investment and reserve finances
2. Chevhanova, V. Ya., & Karpenko, Yu. V. (2000). Do pytannia vyznachennia ekonomichnoi katehorii “potentsial pidpryiemstva” [On the definition of the economic category of “enterprise potential”]. Rehionalni perspektyvy - Regional perspectives, 2-3,213-214 [in Ukrainian].
3. Borisov, A. B. (2003). Bolshoy ekonomicheskiy slovar [The Big Economic Dictionary]. Moscow: Knizhnyi mir [in Russian].
4. Plikus, I. Y. (2012). Potentsial pidpryiemstva, yoho otsinka і transformatsiia: ekonomichna ta bukhhal- terska interpretatsiia [The potential of an enterprise, its evaluation and transformation: economic and accounting interpretation]. Finansy Ukrainy - Finance of Ukraine, 4, 91-105 [in Ukrainian].
5. Sychova, N. G., & Taksira К. I. (Eds.). (2003). Finansovyi batons territorii і eho ispolzovanie [The financial balance of the territory and its use]. Moscow: Financy і statistika [in Russian].
6. Honcharenko, M. V. (2013). Evoliutsiia sutnosti finansovoho potentsialu rozvytku terytorii [Evolution of financial potential essence of territory development]. Teoriia tapraktyka derzhavnoho upravlinnia - Theory and practice of public administration, 3, 163-171 [in Ukrainian].
7. Hroshev, Y. V, & Ulanova E. M. (2005). Problemy otsenki ekonomicheskoho potentsiala predpriiatiia: trudovoi potentsial [The problems of evaluation the economic potential of the enterprise: labor potential]. Voprosy otsenki - The question of evaluation, 1,27-30 [in Russian].
8. Fedorin, O. S., Repina, I. M., & Oleksiuk, О. I. (2004). Potentsial pidpryiemstva: formuvannia ta otsinka [The potential of the company: formation and evaluation ]. Kyiv: KNEU [in Ukrainian].
9. Kostevych, O. D. (2010). Finansovyi potentsial pidpryiemstv lehkoi promyslovosti v Ukraini [Financial potential of light industry enterprises in Ukraine]. Lehka promysi ovist - Fight Industry, 3, 27-30 [in Ukrainian].
10. Sabetska, T. I. (2014). Teoretychni aspekty vyznachennia vyrobnycho-marketynhovoho potentsialu pidpryiemstva [Theoretical aspects of determination of production-marketing potential of an enterprise]. Eko- nomichnyiprostir - Economic space, 85, 174-186 [in Ukrainian].
11. Skorobohata, L. V. (2005). Otsinka ta tekhnolohii obliku ekonomichnoho potentsialu diialnosti pidpryiemstv [Assessment and technology of accounting of the economic potential of enterprises activity]. Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
12. Ofitsiinyi sait Derzhavnoho komitetu statystyky Ukrainy [The official website of the State Statistics Committee of Ukrainian]. www.ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ua [in Ukrainian].
13. Fomin, P. A., Starovoytov, M. K. (2000). Osobennosti otsenki proizvodstvennoho potentsiala pro- myshlennykh predpriiatii [Features of the evaluation of the production potential of industrial enterprises]. www.cfin.ru. Retrieved from http://www.cfin.ru/management/manufact/manufact_potential.shtml [in Russian].
14. Zholnerchyk, G. U. (2011). Lizynhove finansuvannia onovlennia osnovnykh zasobiv pidpryiemstva [Lease financing of renewal of the fixed assets of the enterprise]. Cultura narodov Prichernomoria - Culture of the peoples of the Black Sea, 205,20-24 [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 115 PDF Downloads: 202