The Audit of Transactions with Customer-Owned Raw Materials in Foreign Economic Activities
The specifics of audit of the transactions with customer-owned raw materials in foreign economic activities (FEA) are shown. It is determined that FEA, being risky ones, need special attention from an external auditor. When scrutinizing such transactions, the latter need to be aware that when a FEA transaction is signed, including one for processing of customer-owned raw materials, the requirements of legal and regulatory acts being in force in Ukraine need to be duly considered. It is demonstrated the Custom Code of Ukraine regulates the work arrangements with customer-owned raw materials in FEA and specifies custom regimes for FEA transactions, with implications for their taxation. The taxation, in turn, is regulated by the Tax Code of Ukraine and has specifics in assessment and payment of value added tax and profit tax. The eligibility for tax credit on the commodities purchased and thereafter exported as raw materials in the custom regime of processing occur on general grounds specified in Section 5 “Value Added Tax” of the Tax Code of Ukraine, and the tax liabilities occur on the date when a customs cargo declaration is submitted for execution. According to Article 39 of the Tax Code of Ukraine, taxation of profits from transactions with related nonresident entities has some specifics. An example of the authors’ review of transactions with customer-owned raw materials in FEA, recording of the results of auditor procedures and the obtained evidences in working documents is given. The format of a working document is subject to professional opinion of an auditor. The test of recording transactions on processing of customer-owned raw materials beyond the boundaries of custom territory of Ukraine is proposed as a working document. The working document, intended to confirm the fact of collecting auditor evidences in order to form the auditor opinion on financial reporting, covers the content of transactions on processing of customer-owned raw materials, information sources for an auditor (primary documents, accounts records), audit procedures and their results, with the auditor’s opinion about the authenticity of recorded information (its confirmation). The working documents enable for regulation and quality assurance of audit procedures, and for unification of the auditor’s actions.
2. Zakon Ukrainy “Pro zovnishnoekonomichnu diialnist” vid 16.04.1991 r. № 959-XII [Law of Ukraine of April 16, 1991, № 959-XII “On foreign economic activity”]. zakon3.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/959-12 [in Ukrainian].
3. Mytnyi kodeks Ukrainy vid 13.03.2013 r. № 4495-VI-VR [Customs Code of Ukraine of March 13, 2013, № 4495-VI-VR]. zakon4.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/4495-17 [in Ukrainian].
4. Lubenchenko, O. E., Kudina, I. O., Kudenko, M. S. (2015). Oblik zovnishnoekonomichnoi diialnosti [Accounting for foreign economic activity]. Mariupol: Skhidnyi vydavnychyi dim [in Ukrainian].
5. Podatkovyi kodeks Ukrainy vid 02.12.2010 r. № 2755-VI-VR [Tax Code of Ukraine of December 02, 2010, № 2755-VI-VR]. zakon4.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2755-17 [in Ukrainian].
6. Instruktsiia pro zastosuvannia planu rakhunkiv bukhhalterskoho obliku aktyviv, kapitalu, zoboviazan i hospodarskykh operatsii pidpryiemstv i orhanizatsii: Zatverdzheno Nakazom Ministerstva finansiv Ukrainy vid 30.11.1999 r. № 291 [Instruction on the plan of accounting for the accounting of assets, capital, liabilities and business operations of enterprises and organizations: Аpproved by the Order of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine of November 30, 1999, № 291]. zakon5.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0893-99 [in Ukrainian].
7. Zakon Ukrainy “Pro vnesennia zmin do Zakonu Ukrainy “Pro bukhhalterskyi oblik ta finansovu zvitnist v Ukraini” shchodo udoskonalennia deiakykh polozhen” vid 05.10.2017 r. № 2164-VIII [Law of Ukraine of October 5, 2017, № 2164-VIII “On Amendments to the Law of Ukraine “On Accounting and Financial Reporting in Ukraine” regarding the improvement of some thesis”]. zakon5.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2164-19 [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 74 PDF Downloads: 64