Use of Interdisciplinary Links in the Training of Future Specialists in Statistics
In the article the authors substantiate the importance of establishing and using interdisciplinary connections in the training of future specialists in the field of statistics. This is due to factors such as the transition of the Ukrainian economy to the innovative way of development and the necessity of building state information infrastructure. The training of interdisciplinary specialists, who use statistics, computer science, and data science in their activities, becomes a public need. The authors argue that the modern system of higher education needs to develop innovative teaching approaches in preparing future specialists in the field of statistics, primarily natural-scientific interdisciplinary links. They promote increase of the practical, scientific and theoretical training of students, with their help the foundation for a comprehensive vision, approach and solving complex problems of real reality are laid.
In the article special attention is paid to establishing links between computer science and mathematics in the training of future statisticians. The analysis of bachelor programs of various educational institutions has shown that the disciplines of the cycle of mathematical preparation are basic. Computer at various stages of these disciplines can perform functions of control, training, analysis, synthesis, etc. The future specialist should be trained in working with professional mathematical packages that may be needed for him in future professional activities.
The authors also note the risk of methodically illiterate implementation of interpersonal links with the use of information technology, when the external ease of use of software tools leaves in the shadows the applied component of the course of higher mathematics. This can lead to a disturbance of dynamic balance and a decrease in the quality of education. The analysis of the problem of interdisciplinary connections shows that it is necessary to transit to updated statistics training programs, oriented to the needs of economic and social development of society. Thus, interdisciplinary links not only allow the establishment of peculiar “bridges” between educational disciplines, but also, on the basis of the common content of these disciplines, to build a holistic system of learning, which is an important condition for an integrated approach that allows to distinguish between the main elements of the content of education and interrelationships between educational subjects.
2. Plugina, N. A. Mezhpredmetnyye svyazi v razvitii u studentov vuzov integrativnykh estestvennonauchnykh ponyatiy [Interdisciplinary connections in the development for students of higher educational institutions of integrative natural and scientific concepts]. Integratsiya obrazovaniya Integration of Education –Integration of Education, 3, 60–65 [in Russian].
3. Mezhpredmetnyye svyazi v uchebnoy deyatelnosti tekhnicheskikh vuzov. Lektsiya [Intersubject communications in the educational activity of technical high schools. Lecture]. (n. d.). lektsia.com. Retrieved from https://lektsia.com/2xb915.html [in Russian].
4. Vlasov, D. A., & Sinchukov, A. V. (2006). Mezhpredmetnyye svyazi kak osnova integrativnogo podkhoda pri izuchenii kursa “stokhastika” v universitete [Intersubject communications as the basis of an integrative approach to studying the course of “stochastics” at the university]. Proceedings from Informatization of training in mathematics and informatics: pedagogical aspects: Konferentsiya fakulteta prikladnoy matematiki i informatiki BGU – Conference of the Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Informatics of the BSU (pp. 55–60). Retrieved from http://elib.bsu.by/handle/123456789/36399 [in Russian].
5. Korzhova, O. (2017). Mizhdystsyplinarni zviazky u systemi profesiinoi pidhotovky maibutnikh fakhivtsiv iz orhanizatsii informatsiinoi bezpeky [Interdisciplinary connections in the system of professional training of future specialists in the organization of information security]. www.dgma.donetsk.ua Retrieved from http://www.dgma.donetsk.ua/docs/konf/2017/mkonf2017/dopovidy/it/ Korzhova.pdf [in Ukrainian].
6. Pokudina, L. S. (2016). Mizhdystsyplinarni zviazky yak zasib efektyvnoho vykladannia finansovo-ekonomichnykh dystsyplin [Interdisciplinary connections as a means of effective teaching of financial and economic disciplines]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Natsionalnoi akademii Derzhavnoi prykordonnoi sluzhby Ukrainy.. Seriya: Pedahohichni ta psykholohichni nauky – Collection of scientific works of the National Academy of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine. Series: Pedagogical and psychological sciences, 1, 13 [in Ukrainian].
7. Sinyakov, A. P. (2009.) Didakticheskiye podkhody k opredeleniyu ponyatiya “mezhpredmetnyye svyazi” [Didactic approaches to the definition of the concept of intersubject links]. Izvestiya Rossiyskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta im. A. I. Gertsena. – Izvestia: Herzen University Journal of Humanities & Sciences, 113, 197–202. Retrieved from https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/didakticheskie-podhody-k-opredeleniyu-ponyatiya-mezhpredmetnye-svyazi [in Russian].
8. Dracheva, I. A., Yershova, T. G. (2013). Realizatsiya mezhpredmetnykh svyazey pri izuchenii vysshey matematiki v tekhnicheskom vuze [Implementation of interdisciplinary links in the study of higher mathematics at a technical university]. Proceedings from Development of modern natural and mathematical education: realities, quality problems, innovations: Vseukr. nauk.-prakt. konferentsiya (21–28 zhovtnia 2013 r.) – All Ukrainian science and practice Conference (October 21–28, 2013). Retrieved from http://virtkafedra.ucoz.ua/el_gurnal/pages/vyp14/Dracheva.pdf [in Russian].
9. Mazepa, T. S., Milash, I. V. (2012). Mizhdystsyplinarni zviazky yak vymoha kompetentnisnoho pidkhodu suchasnoi paradyhmy vyshchoi ekonomichnoi osvity [Interdisciplinary links as a requirement of a competent approach to the modern paradigm of higher education]. Proceedings from Quality Management of Personnel Training with Higher Education through Improving Licensing, Accreditation and Ranking Procedures: Nauk.-metod. konferentsiya (15–16 bereznya 2012 r.) – Scientific and Methodical Conference (pp. 91–95). Retrieved from http://ir.nmu.org.ua/handle/123456789/3211 [in Ukrainian].
10. Pavlyshyn, O. V. (2016). Mizhdystsyplinarni zviazky semiotyky prava [Interdisciplinary links of semiotics of law]. Filosofski ta metodolohichni problemy prava – Philosophical and methodological problems of law, 1 (11), 46–57. Retrieved from http://www.naiau.kiev.ua/philosophy/assets/files/ua/1-2016/4.pdf [in Ukrainian].
11. Kolot, A. M. (2014). Mizhdystsyplinarnyi pidkhid yak dominanta rozvytku ekonomichnoi nauky ta osvitnoi diialnosti [Interdisciplinary approach as a dominant in the development of economic science and education]. Sotsyalnaya ekonomyka – Social economics, 1–2, 76–83. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/se_2014_1-2_15 [in Ukrainian].
12. Rybakova, O. M., & Hirbasova, E. M. (2015). Mezhdistsiplinarnyy podkhod v kompetentnostnom formate k prepodavaniyu finansovo-ekonomicheskikh distsiplín [Interdisciplinary Approach in the Competency Format for the Teaching of Financial and Economic Disciplines]. Mezhdunarodnyy Nauchnyy Institut “Educatio” – International Educational Institute, 8(15), 55–59 [in Russian].
Abstract views: 108 PDF Downloads: 97