Determination of Indicators of the Gender Groups Distribution by Characteristic Features
The article defines the structure of the data on the gender structure of the group of scientific and educational workers of the Faculty, and certain specific groups among teachers who were subjects of the educational process at the end of 2015-2016 school years based on statistical and qualitative factors of determination of the gender proportions. There was chosen a way to determine the structure of selected data correlation and statistical cluster obtained because of factors of determination of the gender proportion of certain specific groups of scientific and educational workers - the members of the educational process of the faculty of Physics and Mathematics of the Kirovohrad Volodymyr Vynnychenko State Pedagogical University. The article defines that this coefficient determines the measure of the ratio of distribution of characteristic features (dominant) in gender groups.
The achieving the goal of the study was conducted by solving of local problems: the gathering of statistical data and primary analysis; determination of factors of gender proportion in the contingent of teaching staff of the Faculty and their individual specific groups; event correlation and cluster analysis and the consequent determination of the structure of data on the gender composition of the faculty and its specific groups.
The authors conclude on the effect of choosing different characteristic features (dominant) to define data structures of gender composition of teaching staff of the faculty Study of the data structure of gender composition of certain distinctive groups of scientific and pedagogical workers (by characteristic features (dominants): professors, associate professors, lecturers, PhDs, Doctors of sciences, people without scientific titles at the age from 20 to 35, from 35 to 60 and over 60years old), based on the statistical determination of the coefficients of gender specific weight gave grounds to conclude that the distribution of characteristic features (dominants) in gender subgroups of different groups of departments is similar. Flowever, in the course of the study it became clear that the results of the analysis of the data structure concerning gender composition of groups of scientific and pedagogical workers, who possessed characteristic features (dominants), depending on their age, were not affected by the final uniting distribution by clusters. In addition, the article concludes that the use of analogue coefficient of gender proportion in statistical research will make it possible to determine the structure of data in a given group (aggregate) subject to allocation ratio combining characteristic features (dominant) in certain subgroups (sample).
2. Syllaste, H. H., & Kozhamzharova, H. Zh. (1997). Sotsialnaia diskriminatsiia zhenshchin kak predmet sotsyologycheskogo analiza [A social discrimination of women as a subject of sociological analysis]. Sotsiologicheskie Issledovaniia - Sociological Studies, 12, 112-120 [in Russian].
3. Kohut, I. (2014). Chym vidrizniaiutsia zhinky i choloviky: pro hendernu (ne)rivnist u vyshchii osviti [The difference between men and women: the gender (in)equality in higher education]. Analitychnyi tsentr CEDOS - Analytical center CEDOS. cedos.org.ua. Retrieved from http://www.cedos.org.ua/uk/ discrimination/chym-vidrizniaiutsia-zhinky-i-choloviky-pro-hendernu-ne-rivnist-u-vyshchii-osviti [in Ukrainian].
4. Education Indicators. Technical guidelines. (2009). UNESCO Institute for Statistics [in English].
5. Hrishnova, O. A., Pasieka, S. R., & Pasieka, A. S. (2011). Trudovyi potentsial Ukrainy: otsinka stanu, efektyvnist vykorystannia, stratehichni napriamy rozvytku [The labor potential of Ukraine: assessment of the state, efficiency of the use, strategic directions of development]. Cherkasy: Maklaut [in Ukrainian].
6. Kravets, V. P. (2013). Hendemi doslidzhennia: prykladni aspekty [Gender research: applied aspects]. Ternopil: Navchalna knyha - Bohdan [in Ukrainian].
7. Martseniuk, T. O. (2011). Henderni aspekty sfery zainiatosti v ukrainskomu suspilstvi [Gender aspects in the sphere of employment in Ukrainian society]. Metodolohiya, teoriya ta praktyka sotsiolohichnoho analizu suchasnoho suspilstva - Methodology, theory and practice of sociological analysis of modern society, 16,328-334 [in Ukrainian]
8. Razrabotka gendernoi statistiki. Praktic-heskoe posobie [The development of gender statistics. A practical guide]. (1972). Zheneva, UN [in Russian].
9. Dubrov, A. M., Mkhitarian, V. S., & Troshin, L. Y. (2003). Mnogomernye statisticheskie metody [Multidimensional Statistical Methods]. Moscow: Finansy i statistika [in Russian].
Abstract views: 109 PDF Downloads: 122