Financial and Statistical Analysis of Investment Projects High-Tech Scientific Developments Based on Carbon Nanomaterials
Carbon nanomaterials (graphene, nanotubes, fullerenes, the family of derivatives from C ) belong to the miraculous materials of 21 century, which can radically change technologies in the coming years. Thus, unique supercapacitors with the capacity of 10.000 F have been proposed on their basis, which is 12.5 thousand higher than the capacity of the Earth. Immense funds have been invested globally in research of carbon nanomaterials and development of devices on their basis. Utilization of scientific advancements in the domestic industry will promote economic growth, innovation society building and market recovery in Ukraine.
This article is the first to pose the question about selection of advanced developments projects on the basis of carbon nanomaterials using Monte Carlo method. Investment projects for high tech scientific developments (nanotubes, nanobatteries, supercapacitors, nanoaccumulators) are analyzed. Approaches to account for the risks of investment projects in the conditions of non-established stock market in Ukraine are shown. Use of Monte Carlo method as the most preferred approach to evaluating the impact of risks on decision-making in the conditions of uncertainty is substantiated. Current market prices on respective products are used as the input database. The Net Present Value (NPV) and the probability of its negative numbers are computed. The point of the project reliability at which the probability of negative NPV numbers approximates zero is found. It is shown that this point can be used as the benchmark, because the relative distance to it is the criterion for selection of the most acceptable version of project implementation. The projects with minimal expected risks of implementation are selected.
2. Terranova, M. L, Motsnyi, Г V, Konchits, A. A., Kovalyuk, Z. D., Kolesnik, S. P, Lytvyn, P. M. et al. (2005). Uglerodnye nanotrubki: sintez, fizicheskie issledovaniia, primenenie [Carbon nanotubes: synthesis, physical studies and application]. Nanosistemy, Nanomaterialy, Nanotekhnologii - Nanosystems, Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology, 3,2,301-306 [in Russian].
3. Konchits, A. A., Motsnyi, Г V, Petrov, Yu. N.. Kolesnik, S. P, Yefanov, V. S., Terranova, M. L. et al. (2006). Magnetic resonance of Ni nanoparticles in single-walled carbon nanotubes. Journal of Applied Physics, 100, 124315-1 - 124315-7. See also (2007). VirtualJournal of Nanoscale Science & Technology.January 15 (in English).
4. Konchits, A. A., Motsnyi, F V, Kolesnik, S. P, Yefanov., V. S., Tamburri, E., Orlanducci, S. et al. (2008). Electron-Spin Resonance Study of Poly (Ortho-Anisidine) Single Walled Carbon Nanotube Composite Films: Spin Dynamics and Effects of Physisorption Processes. NANO: Brief Reports and Reviews, 3, 3, 187-194 (in English).
5. TheNobel Prize in Chemistry 1996. nobelprize.org. Retrieved from http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_ prizes/chemistry/laureates/1996/ (in English).
6. Grafenovyi supercondensator iemkostiu 10 tysiach (!) Farad [Graphene Supercapacitors of 10 thousand (!) Farad]. scorcher.ru. Retrieved from https://scorcher.ru/journal/art/art2359.php (in Russian).
7. Revolutionary graphene polymer batteries charging 10 minutes to run 1000km. cleanbayarea.com. Retrieved from http://cleanbayarea.com/extreme/revolutionary-graphene-polymer-batteries-charging-10- minutes-to-run-1000-km/ (in English).
8. Fisher, I. (1930). The Theory of Interest. New York: The MacMillan Company (in English).
9. Motsnyi, F. V. (2016). Finansova matematyka [Finance mathematics]. Kyiv: DP “Inform.-analit. ahentstvo” (in Ukrainian).
10. Vasylenko, I. P & Vasylenko, Z. M. (2007). Finansova matematyka [Finance mathematics]. Kyiv: Kondor (in Ukrainian).
11. Metropolis, N. & Ulam, S. (1949). The Monte Carlo Method.Journal of American Statistical Association, 44,247,335-341 (in English).
12. Leonenkov, A. V. (2005). Nechetkoe modelirovanie v srede Matlab и FuzzyTech [Fuzzy Modeling in the environment Matlab and FuzzyTech]. SPb. BKhV-PITER (in Russian).
13. Sinytskyi, M. Ye. (2016). Khmarni technologii и finansovo-statystychnych rozrakhunkach [Humorous technologies in finance-statistical calculations]. Kyiv: DP “Inform.-analyt. agency” (in Ukrainian).
14. Otsenka tochnosti kharakteristik, poluchennych metodom Monte Carlo. Neobkhodimoe chislo realizacii [Accuracy evaluation of characteristics received by Monte Carlo method. Necessary number of realization]. stu.semam.ru.. Retrieved from https: //stu.sernam.ru/book_rop.php?id=91 (in Russian).
15. Lukashov, A. V. Metod Monte Carlo dlia finansovych analitikov: kratkii putevoditel [Monte Carlo simulation for the financial analysts]. ecso cm an.hse.ru. Retrieved from http://ecsocman.hse.ru/ data/819/759/1219/Monte_Karlo_dlya_analitikov.pdf (in Russian).
16. Constantinescu, V. P A. (2014). Monte Carlo Method in Risk Analysis for Investment Projects. Procedia Economics and Finance, 15,393-400 (in English).
17. Sazonova, A. A. & Sazonova, M. V. (2016). Application of Monte Carlo method for simulation in economical risk projects. Nauka і sovremennost - Scince & Modernity, 228-232 (in Russian).
18. Sinytskyi, M. Ye., & Motsnyi, F. V. (2017) Vybir investytsiinych proektiv metodom Monte Carlo za naiavnosti ryzyku [Selection of Investment Projects by Monte Carlo Method in Risk’s Condition]. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoi akademii statystyky, obliku ta audytu - Scientific Bulletin of the National academy of statistics, accounting and audit, 1-2, 100-112 (in Ukrainian).
19. Carbon nanotubes: View 38 companies, i3connect.com. Retrieved from https://i3connect.com/tag/ carbon-nanotubes (in English).
20. Buy Carbon Nanotube. Real time chemicals inventory & price, molbase.com. Retrieved from http://www.molbase.com/Carbon+Nanotube (in English).
2E Buy the Best Quality Materials - Graphene, CNT, Nano / Micro Powder, nanografi.com. Retrieved from http://wwwnanografi.com (in English).
22. Maxwell Technologies Supercapacitors. / Ultracapacitors: Maxwell Technologies, mouser.com. Retrieved from http://eu.mouser.com/Maxwell-Technologies/Passive-Components/Capacitor/ (in English).
23. Supercapacitors /Ultracapacitors 2.7V 10 E amazon.com. Retrieved from https://www.amazon.com/ Maxwell-Technologies-Supercapacitors-Ultracapacitors-2-7V/dp/B005T7KASQ(in English)
24. BU-209: How does a Supercapacitor Work? / Battery University, batteryuniversity.com. Retrieved from http://batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/whats_the_role_of_the_supercapacitor (in English).
25. Vse depozity ukrainskikh bankov v dollarakh [All deposits of Ukrainian banks in USD]. banker.ua. Retrieved from http://banker.ua/deposits/usd/ (in Russian).
26. Infliaciia v Ukraine [Inflation in Ukraine]. fin-plus.ru. Retrieved from http://fin-plus.ru/ ru/info/ inflation_index/ (in Russian).
27. Ник, О. V. & Hryshchenko, A. O. (2012). Vitchyznianyi ta zarubizhnyi dosvid udoskonalennia metodyk vyznachennia stavky dyskontuvannia [Domestic and foreign experience of the make improvement methodologis of the discount rate determination]. Ekonomichnyiprostir. - Economy Space, 68, 173-179 (in Ukrainian).
Abstract views: 44 PDF Downloads: 32