Peculiarities of State Regulation for the Development of Local Self-Governance
Theoretical and methodological framework for regulation of the development of local self-governance is extended, with outlining the ways to strengthen its contribution as a factor promoting social and economic development of a country. It is demonstrated that the regulatory framework at local level covers all the governance areas, including regulation of local self-governance. The essential meaning of the regulatory policy at local level is defined as an area of State policy, focused on regulation of legal relations between regulatory bodies, between the entities charged with regulatory functions and the entities that are subject to regulation; it includes regulation of local self-governance, territorial communities and business entities for rational use of local resources and essential growth in the living standards of the population.
The central reasons behind the administrative reform in Ukraine are outlined: ineffective organization of the executive power at district and oblast level, with the highly centralized power (instead of decentralization); inadequate administrative and territorial division, characterized by large numbers of small localities; ineffective local self-governance, characterized by financial incapacity of the primary (basic) segment in the local self-governance.
Directions of the administrative reform in Ukraine are outlined: building up the new legal framework for the public governance in Ukraine; building up new institutes, organizations and instruments for the governance and the administrative and territorial division; staffing of the new governance system; laying and strengthening the new financial and economic foundations for operation of the governance system; scientific and information support to the governance system; building up the mechanisms for scientific and information monitoring of the governance system performance. Ways to implement the reform of the administrative and territorial system in Ukraine are proposed.
2. Heiets, V. M. (2006). Priorytety sotsialno-ekonomichnoho rozvytku Ukrainy ta rol biudzhetnoi stratehii v yikh realizatsii [The priorities of socio-economic development of Ukraine and the role of the budgetary strategy in their implementation]. Naukovi pratsi NDFI – Proceedings of NDFI, 2, 3–6 [in Ukrainian].
3. Heiets, V. M., & Skripnichenko, M. I. (2003). Vid ekzohenno zalezhnoi do endohenno oriientovanoi stratehii rozvytku ekonomiky [From exogenously dependent to endogenously oriented strategy of economic development]. Ekonomika i prohnozuvannia – Economics and Forecasting, 1, 34–47 [in Ukrainian].
4. Kyrylenko, O. P. (Eds.). (2006). Mistsevi finansy [Local finance]. Kyiv: Znannia [in Ukrainian].
5. Lunina I. O. (Eds.). (2016). Rozvytok biudzhetnoi detsentralizatsii v Ukraini [Development of budget decentralization in Ukraine]. Kyiv: DU “In.-t ekonomiky ta prohnozuvannia NAN Ukrainy” [in Ukrainian].
6. Kontseptsiia administratyvnoi reformy v Ukraini [The concept of administrative reform in Ukraine]. (n. d.). www.kmu.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.kmu.gov.ua/control/publish/article?art_id=89222 [in Ukrainian].
7. Ganushchak, Yu. (2013). Reforma terytorialnoi orhanizatsii vlady / [The reform of territorial organization of government]. Kyiv: TOV “Sofiya-A” [in Ukrainian].
8. Natsionalna stratehiia mistsevoho i rehionalnoho rozvytku (proekt) [National strategy for local and regional development (draft)]. (2005) Kurier mistsevoho samovriaduvannia. Shliakhy rozvytku mistsevoi demokratii v Ukraini (kontseptualno-prykladni poshuky ta bachennia fondu) – Special issue of Courier of local government. Ways of local democracy development in Ukraine (conceptual and applied search and vision of fund), 53–75 [in Ukrainian].
9. Yevropeiska khartiia mistsevoho samovriaduvannia, ratyfikovana Zakonom Ukrainy vid 15.07.1997 r. № 452/97-VR, stanom na 16.11.2009 r. [European Charter of Local Self-Government, ratified by the Law of Ukraine of 15.07.1997 № 452/97-VR, as of 16.11.2009]. zakon5.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/994_036 [in Ukrainian].
10. Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 01.04.2014 r. № 333-r “Pro skhvalennia Kontseptsii reformuvannia mistsevoho samovriaduvannia ta terytorialnoi orhanizatsii vlady v Ukraini” [Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 01.04.2014 № 333-r “On approval of the Concept of reforming the local self-government and territorial organization of power in Ukraine”]. zakon3.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/333-2014-%D1%80 [in Ukrainian].
11. Bondaruk, T. G. (2011). Mistseve samovriaduvannia i mistsevi finansy v umovakh administratyvnoho reformuvannia [Local government and local finance in terms of administrative reform]. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky – Actual problems of economics, 5 (119), 162–169 [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 31 PDF Downloads: 22